Northern California Golf Association
California Amateur Championship Qualifying
Player Information Sheet
San Jose Country Club
July 6, 2020
Club Information (website/directions):
San Jose Country Club
15571 Alum Rock Avenue
San Jose, CA 95127
PLEASE REVIEW: COVID-19 TOURNAMENT SAFETY POLICIES
Note: Masks are required by the State of California at any time social distancing is not possible.
18 holes stroke play. Contestants will play from the Blue tee markers wherever they are situated (see Yardage Information). Qualifiers will advance to the Championship proper at Torrey Pines Golf Course on July 27 – August 1, 2020. The number of spots available at each qualifying site will be determined based on the total number of entrants and the final field at each site. Final number of spots will be available from the Committee on the day of qualifying.
7:30 AM off Tee #1. Players should be at their assigned tee immediately following the group in front of them. Please do not congregate near the first tee. Pairings will be posted Monday, June 29th.
Practice Round Information:
Practice rounds are available to contestants only weekdays after 2:00 PM. Green fees: $75. Please call the Pro Shop to arrange for practice round tee times and identify yourself as a California Amateur Qualifying participant.
Local Rules / Hole Locations / Scorecards:
All paperwork will be available for players on or before Sunday, July 5th via the links below:
- Notice to Players (Local Rules)
- Hole Locations
- Scorecards (scorecards are available to print as a convenience for players, but have no Rules status)
No paper materials will be provided or available on site.
Food and Beverage Availability:
The snack bar on the 9th hole will open at 9:00 AM. Credit card payments only. The clubhouse will not be open. Water coolers will not be available on property. Please be prepared to provide your own water and food needs by supplying your own or purchasing from the snack bar.
The driving range is open and spaced for safe distancing. Range balls are included for tournament participants. Players are only allowed to show up to practice 30 minutes before their starting time. Please do not use the practice greens prior to 20 minutes before your starting time.
The use of automatic transportation is prohibited for ALL play. Spectator carts are prohibited.
Caddies are NOT permitted at this time.
Pace of Play Policy. You, the player, are responsible for knowing this information.
Scoring: Players are expected to download the USGA TM app (or Golf Genius). This GGID will be texted to each player and available with the starter.
- Within the group, players should enter scores for one other player. If someone does not have a phone available, players must ensure at least one player in the group is entering scores.
- At the end of the round, all players in the group must confirm hole-by-hole scores posted online are correct. This can be done using the Leaderboard in the app or online in this event portal.
- Any issues with scores after leaving your group must be communicated to staff via text, call or email no later than one hour after the final group has entered the 18th hole scores. After that time, the scorecard is treated as officially returned and certified. Staff contact information is available in the Notice to Players linked above.
- For guidance using the Mobile Scoring App, please see this training video.
Code of Conduct – Flagstick: The flagstick must not be moved or deliberately touched by hand during the round, including with a gloved hand or a towel wrapped around the flagstick. Any player who deliberately ignores this code of conduct policy will be considered guilty of Serious Misconduct (see Rule 1.2b), the penalty for which is Disqualification.
Holing Out: San Jose Country Club has installed a liner insert which allows the ball to fall into the hole part way, while making the ball easily retrievable to minimize shared contact points. The device is treated as part of the flagstick, and if any part of the ball is below the surface of the putting green and is resting on that device or leaning against the flagstick, the ball is treated as holed. However, a ball that hits the device and does not come to rest with any part of the ball within the hole below the surface of the putting green is not holed.
Preferred Lies in Bunker: When a player’s ball lies in a bunker, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: One club-length from the reference point, but with these limits:
- Limits on Location of Relief Area:
- Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
- Must be in the same bunker.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rule 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Deciding Ties: All ties for the final qualifying spots and/or position of alternates will be broken by the USGA recommended method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures, Section 5A(6)).